ISO 22000 certification is the global international standard that sets out Food Safety Management System requirements. It helps organisations identify and control food safety hazards.
Unsafe food has serious consequences for your organisation, staff and customers. A failure in food safety practices can close down your business as it can result in large fines, solicitor’s costs and possibly being sued by those affected. Preventing potential problems by implementing ISO 22000 makes good business sense.
Attaining ISO 22000 certification gives your clients confidence in your operation and staff have clear guidelines to follow. It is applicable to all levels of food production and helps reduce food hazards, control risks and prevent food contamination. Certification tells the world you supply food that people can trust.
Importance of Food Safety Management
Too often the headlines shout out serious illnesses and even deaths caused by unsafe foods. And the consequences for all involved can be devastating.
ISO 22000 certification demonstrates your organisation’s commitment to food safety and meeting food safety regulations. It shows you care about the products you produce to benefit your customers and stakeholders. It teaches your staff the processes and policies required to mitigate risks and enhance transparency and accountability. This improves your organisation’s reputation which can increase business volume to give you a competitive edge.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification
Obtaining ISO 22000 certification has many benefits including educating your staff about food safety, processing, manufacturing, storage and distribution. Focusing on food safety strengthens your organisation’s profits. Combine it with other ISO certifications such as ISO 9001 to produce maximum quality.
Every organisation that deals with food, no matter how big or small, can use ISO 22000 to deliver the best results to consumers. Use it to educate employees about the benefits of following the processes and procedures of your food management system. It is about protecting your company, employees and consumers and can impact the company’s success.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification include:
- Reduction of operational costs.
- Compliance with regulations.
- Continual improvement of processes and procedures to create better products and services.
- Increasing profits.
- Ensuring sustainable food safety practices.
- Enhancing the company’s reputation.
- Promoting trading internationally.
- Building customer confidence in your products.
- Enhancing your company’s reputation.
- Potential organisational growth.
- Increased efficiency and lower operational costs.
- Controlling and eliminating food safety risks on an ongoing basis.
- A basis for continuous improvement.
- Optimising resources through the supply chain internally and externally.
- Lowering the risk of liability of a food safety failure.
Implementing ISO 22000 and a food safety system is essential for all food-related businesses. It underpins your food safety philosophy and provides clarity on how you do things, who does them and the processes for supervising your operations.
Do you want to know more about ISO 22000 certification? Contact us today to find out how ISO 22000 can benefit your organisation.