Implementing ISO 9001 provides your business with a practical Quality Management System (QMS) that allows you to monitor all areas of your business. A QMS establishes a set of workable procedures for your organisation. It allows you to define how you will meet stakeholder and customer requirements.
The basis of ISO 9001 is continual improvement. It is flexible so is suitable for use by any organisation. The standard does not specify quality objectives or how to meet customer needs. But expects an organisation to define these objectives and strive to continually improve their processes to meet them. Once your business reaches its targets, reassess them in pursuit of continual improvement.
ISO 9001 advantages for business
By putting a QMS in place, it helps your business to focus on what is most important. QMS processes provide a solid framework which increases productivity and profitability and boosts efficiency. It also increases customer acquisition and retention through greater confidence in your organisation.
ISO 9001 advantages for businesses includes it:
- Is suitable for organisations of all sizes.
- Allows for better internal management.
- Produces less waste.
- Is a globally recognised standard.
- Can integrate with other ISO standards.
- Increases efficiency, productivity and profitability.
- Improves customer numbers and loyalty. ISO 9001 gives customers confidence your business has procedures and processes, so they have confidence in receiving a high standard of customer service.
- Gives you the ability to expand into new markets where clients require certification before doing business with an organisation.
- Can help identify and address organisational risks.
ISO 9001 advantages for customers
Customers understand the advantages of working with a business with ISO 9001 certification. And some customers will only work with certified organisations as it gives them confidence your business continually assesses its management systems.
ISO 9001 advantages for customers includes:
- Access to improved services and products.
- Predictable schedules for production runs and deliveries.
- Promoting good communication and reporting.
- Minimising mistakes.
- Maintaining standards through annual assessments.
- Putting customers first so you can meet their needs consistently and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Fewer complaints and returned products.
ISO 9001 advantages for staff
One of the most important things people want from employment is security. But staff also want work satisfaction. By engaging them through a QMS it can improve job satisfaction by recognising the importance of your people.
ISO 9001 advantages for employees includes:
- Boosting productivity and performance.
- Promoting higher employee engagement.
- Providing employees with insight into the organisation’s processes and procedures.
- Reducing inefficiencies to improve employee’s workflow by focusing on preventive measures which decreases internal costs.
- Improving customer service and their experience with the organisation.
- Establishing continuous training programs to equip them with the skills to deal with changing needs.
- A commitment to get it right the first time.
ISO certification is important for all organisations as it allows business growth, cost savings and profitability. It establishes ongoing quality standards for continuous improvement and a sustainable positive customer experience.
Contact us today for more information. We are passionate about assisting businesses achieve greatness through ISO certification.