ISO 9001 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for a quality management system. It provides guidelines to help you decide and what documents and records your company needs to keep and control. The standard does not dictate how you do this. It is open for interpretation to suit individual businesses. Achieving ISO 9001 certification can help slash your competition when they do not have a focus on quality management.
Certification boosts competitiveness and credibility
ISO 9001 certification allows companies to improve processes and procedures to deliver products or services more consistently. It also allows you to see where you can improve efficiencies across the company and how to use resources more effectively
Implementing a quality management system promotes better communication, planning and administrative processes. And boosts the competitiveness and credibility of your business throughout your industry.
Benefits of a quality management system
Benefits of implementing a quality management system include:
- Building trust with consumers as you demonstrate a willingness to prove you are trustworthy.
- Remaining competitive as consumers are more likely to choose an ISO 9002 certified business than a competitor without it.
- Decreasing the cost of reworking products and delivering poor services.
- Increasing profit by attracting more customers because you strive to continuously improve your products and services.
- Tracking where defects may have occurred as the process is fully documented.
- Building customer loyalty by ensuring they have an excellent customer experience so they will recommend your business.
- Increasing market share and annual profits as you are more responsive and adapt quickly to meet customers’ needs. This helps build trust in potential customers when your business is competing against non-certified businesses.
- Improving productivity with staff involvement in defining operational processes and procedures.
- Identifying poor suppliers and fixing the situation.
- Completing regular internal audits to improve quality and to check that staff are using the quality system.
- Reducing mistakes as it provides employees with clear processes and procedures.
If you are agreeing with any of these benefits and have not yet achieved ISO 9001 certification, your business will benefit.
ISO certification is internationally recognised. It is the most commonly used type of quality management system used throughout the world. The system is popular because it provides a common base for organisations no matter where they are geographically.
Certification is also a symbol of trust. It is instantly recognised and respected worldwide. And this is essential if you are doing business outside of your own country. In fact, many organisations will only deal with ISO certified organisations as they know the quality standards these organisations strive to meet.
Contact us for more information about obtaining ISO 9001 certification. We can show you how to grow your business so it reaches its potential.