Some of us are familiar with the term third-party inspections, while others may still have a few questions about it. We try to offer a closer look at what third-party inspections involve, and what companies can gain from them. A third-party inspection, or TPI, is the term used for independent impartial inspection services provided by a qualified company. There are three common types of inspections:
- First party inspections – performed by the manufacturers themselves, without outside assistance.
- Second party inspections – performed by the buyer or the buyers’ in-house quality team.
- Third-party inspections – performed by an independent company, usually hired by the buyer, to ensure that all products meet the required quality standards, and also that the manufacturing process itself meets international standards in terms of the quality management system (ISO 9001), socially acceptable practices and environmental management (ISO 14000).
Third-party services offer a number of benefits, but the most obvious is the benefit of added oversight. A third-party inspector will first collect product specifications for your products from you, and determine your own inspection requirements. He will then use these specs and requirements to visit the factory and verify that the product meets your expectations. Following the inspection, the inspector will send you a detailed report, which often includes photos of any quality defects or other issues discovered during the inspection.
These services are particularly important for people who import products from abroad, because it offers an extra pair of trained eyes to check the goods. Third-party inspection services play a critical role in the manufacturing world. Such inspection is conducted to ensure the credibility, safety and longevity of the products. These services are widely used in construction, industries, factory and businesses.
Advantages of third-party inspection:
- Ensure quality and quantity, the marking and packing of material as per buyer specification, that the material is genuine and as per the specified standard.
- Improves product quality. The inspector ensures that quality and safe equipment are being used in the production process. This helps the company always to produce quality products.
- Minimizes the risk of defective products, ensure safe and healthy working environment.
- Improves relations with customers.
- Minimizes the cost of the organization.
- Reduces the risk of integrity issues.
It is important not to misunderstand the role of the inspector or inspection company in improving product quality at a factory. Sometimes a third-party inspector or an inspection company can identify processes that might be contributing to quality problems.The third-party inspectors are experienced and skilled in their job. They know how to conduct the right checks and where to call for the termination of poor practices. Hiring one of them for the job is the best thing for a business.
Third party inspection services have an important and critical role to play in the modern world. They help to make an industrial process secure, and also optimize the workflow by helping the workers to be more alert and stress-free.
We can ensure that your components and structures are manufactured in accordance with all current standards, and are also in compliance with all your special requirements. Quality assurance reduces costs associated with repairs, and delivers the correct product in the expected condition. By employing an experienced third party inspector, either at intervals or continuously during manufacturing, the quality of the production is ensured and errors are identified and corrected during the manufacturing process. Our expertise and processes ensure that your projects are staffed properly and your projects completed to specifications, on time and on budget.
Contact QICE today to organise a consultation