AS/NZS 4801 and OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management Systems
AS/NZS 4801 and OSHAS 18001 are vital and necessary means for your organization to implement and manage health and safety policies designed to protect employees, manage risk and improve performance. Benefits include a safer workplace, reduced downtime, increased employee morale, better job performance and improved quality of services and products.
OSHAS 18001 is an internationally applied British standard, while AS/NZS 4801 is specifically relevant to health & safety legislation in New Zealand and Australia. Together they create a systematic process to address the following areas:
- Hazard identification and control
- Risk assessment
- Organisational resources, roles, responsibilities, and authority
- Employee competence and training
- Operational control and communication
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Benchmarking, monitoring and improvement protocols
Both certifications have been revised since their introduction. AS/NZS 4801 has been updated to the current AS/NZS 4801:2001 standard, and OHSAS 18001 has been updated to the current OSHAS 18001:2007 standard.
QICE has already helped dozens of New Zealand organizations meet AS/NZS 4801:2001 and OSHAS 18001:2007 standards, we can help your company, too. Our expert consultants can create an efficient, affordable certification plan that is right for you.
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) is the international standard for organizational excellence and the world’s most widely recognized quality management standard. ISO 9001 allows your organization to continually monitor, manage and improve quality across all operations.
ISO 9001 certification benefits to your company include:
- Better consistency and competitiveness
- Improved quality management
- Efficiency optimisation that saves time, money and resources
- Improved operational performance
- Boosted engagement of staff and management
- Higher customer satisfaction
- Capability to demonstrate market leadership and responsibility
ISO 9001 was updated in 2015 and is currently designated ISO 9001:2015. Beginning September 2017, all audits must be accomplished according to the current ISO 9001:2015 standard. Organisations certified to the standards of the 2008 revision must transition to the current 2015 revision by September 2018.
Whether you require new certification or to transition your existing QMS to the current standard, QICE has the proven expertise to help your organization manage the process efficiently and affordably. We are expert ISO 9001 consultants for New Zealand.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
ISO 14001 standardizes a process to effectively control and continuously improve your organization’s environmental performance. This highly trusted management tool enables efficient identification and control of the environmental impact of your business activities, services, and products, as well as a systematized ability to benchmark and achieve environmental objectives.
ISO 14001 certification delivers several benefits to your organization:
- Lower costs through better resource management, lower consumption, and less waste
- Reduce environmental impact and improve sustainability
- Meet environmental legal requirements and commitments
- Demonstrate corporate social responsibility
- Boost image among stakeholders, customers, and partners
ISO 14001 was updated in 2015 and is currently designated ISO 14001:2015. Beginning September 2017, all audits must be conducted according to the current ISO 14001:2015 standard. Organisations certified to the standards of the 2008 revision must transition to the current 2015 revision by September 2018.
Do you require new certification, or do you need to transition your existing QMS to the current standard? Whatever your ISO 14001 needs, QICE can help your organization manage the certification process efficiently and affordably. We are expert ISO 14001 consultants for New Zealand companies.
Integrated Management System
An integrated management system (IMS) allows for more efficient management and operations by combining all related business components into a single, integrated system. Common IMS components typically include personnel, facilities, and equipment, resources and processes.
The benefits to your organization of an IMS approach include:
- Consistency in objectives, planning, and documentation
- Reduced costs of implementation
- Simpler internal auditing
- Fewer redundancies, with reduced chance of conflicts
QICE is a New Zealand leader for IMS consulting and our team can help your organization seamlessly manage and execute multiple certifications without duplication or conflict, while fully meeting auditor compliance requirements. Trust QICE to be your IMS experts.